8.16.2010

When the going gets tough....

     Well I hate it when people do this, but I need to vent (aka complain) about some very unpleasantness in my life. (Yes I know I am blessed and my life really isn't that hard, but for the next few minutes it is the end of the world)

     First, and foremost, I miss my Grandma Polly. It seems like without her here the glue that held my life together is becoming dry and cracked. I can feel my family slipping away from me, and I don't know why or what I've done to make it so. When she passed away in February I couldn't comprehend my life without her. She was such a source of joy and sunshine, that now the toll of her absence is finally setting in and my heart breaks every day I realize she truly is gone.

     Second, my new job. As grateful as I am for this job and the semi-stability it offers Jesse and me, it is honestly the biggest pain in my (you know what). My boss is creepy and pushy and two of my co-workers are the men that can't comprehend that a woman can come up with a better more efficient way of doing things than them. I am constantly getting in trouble, or chastised for something I've said or done. And for those that know me, we all know I can't keep my mouth shut, and it has caused some problems at this new establishment.
     I have convinced my boss that me ignoring him is me showing him the respect he deserves and trying to stay professional in the workplace. I always feel bad I have done this, until he comes over to talk to me about nothing important and I realize how grateful I am that he doesn't catch on to my avoiding gazes. There is one co-worker that is my only joy at this job. He is very laid back and go-with-the-flow mentality and is really a nice guy to work with.

     Alright, I'm going to cut myself off... Enough complaining about things I can't change. When I was younger I never realized how hard it would be to stay happy. I always thought life was going to be hard, but there would be an answer to everything and the hard decision would be to choose the right decision. Now I realize it is sometimes finding the answers to choose from that is the hardest part. Sometimes I just want to pick up, sell every worldly possession we own, and run away and start over. One day I will look back at these times and laugh.... one day.

3 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

Life does suck... a lot. Move to Canada! Oh wait, don't... we will be back eventually and we can complain together about the suckiness. :) Just remember that somewhere deep down Jesse has enough body hair to double as a bear and laugh- hard.

Unknown said...

I know the feeling! Hang in there. It was so good to hang out with you guys last weekend!!

Lindsay Quinney said...

I'm sorry things are so hard right now. We are almost done with our house and then we need to play!