6.04.2010

Here's to YOU!

Here, once again, I need to catch you all up on the past few months of our lives. I lost my job May 10th, then Jesse lost his May 27th... But on that same day, I got a new job! I don't start until Monday June, 7th, but we are so grateful to be so blessed for having at least one of us with a job. Jesse has an interview Tuesday with Chase bank and we are keeping our prayers and fingers crossed! As for everything else, we have been enjoying life and doing everything we can to make us smile!!
It really has been a huge blessing keeping our spirits up during this situation. I can't tell you how being happy has made all this easier. Such a simple change, but makes such a huge difference in your life. We know the Lord has a plan for us and we are putting our faith in Him.
On another note, because I lost my job, I was able to use the time to finish a book I have been writing for about a year. It is a fictional story and I wanted to get it done soon for myself, just so I can say I did it!! It was such an amazing feeling to finally write those two simple words 'THE END' and know that I had created something completely from my own imagination. We aren't sure what we are going to do from here... Publish? Keep for myself and family and friends...? We are just enjoying me finally accomplishing something... ha ha! Jesse has been such a huge support during my craziness this year and I couldn't have done it without him!!
So 2010 hasn't been the nicest year to us, but we are grateful for the strength we are gaining through these trials. It makes me happy to know that I can survive these things life is throwing our way and keep my sanity at the same time.
I can't tell you how all of you reading this, if there is anyone reading this, have helped me. I read all your blogs and all your crazy, funny, happy, sad, and enjoyable stories have made it easier for me to keep going. I'm grateful to all my friends that have helped me, even when they didn't know it. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful examples in my life so here's to you!!
I will promise, once more, to try to stay on top of this silly blog! I'm not sure how many people really care... but I like to read all your weekend and holiday and hilarious moment stories so I will assume you like to read mine!! :) You are all in my prayers and here's to a great summer!!

4 comments:

The Nicholsons said...

I was so excited to see that you posted for once!! I am really glad we got to hang out at our pool too! And, I want to read your book!:)

Unknown said...

I can't believe you wrote a book! That is amazing! I am sorry about the job loses but glad you found one. Quin lost his job but got a job a month later. I hope this year is great for you guys!

Lindsay Quinney said...

That is so great that you wrote a book! Congratulations! What a great accomplishment. I am really sorry Jesse lost his job. I hope the search goes well. Let us know how his interview goes.

Debbie said...

Where are you working now? I'm glad you found a job, and that you've kept a positive attitude through all this. I definitely want to read your book!