3.29.2010

Fish

This weekend proved to be full of firsts for me. Some good, some bad. :( One of the first of the firsts was I now weigh more than I ever have in my entire life... Talk about depressing!! Everything has been so crazy recently and I have realized all I am doing is sitting on the couch eating whatever I could to make the pain subside. Losing my grandma has had a terrible effect on me and my attitude and now on my weight. I shouldn't have let life effect me this way, but here I am and now I need to do something about it. I have come up with a work out regimen, and diet, so all I have to do is implement it.

The next group of firsts happened at the same event. Jesse and I went fishing. I have never been fishing before and was not looking forward to it. I don't like to eat fish, so why would I enjoy catching them?? We went Saturday afternoon and I was hoping he would forget we were supposed to go, but alas he did not.

His dad and our two nieces, joined us with our endeavor and I am so glad they did! My nieces are 6 and 4 and fishing experts! They are both so talented at so many things it was hilarious to see them out fish Jesse's dad, Kelly.

They first taught me to cast and I have to pat myself on the back, because I got pretty good at it! I kept calling the "bobber" the "buoy" and it was making Jesse so mad! Then I kept getting distracted by talking to the girls and everyone I wasn't paying attention to by bobber and there were a few times I could have gotten a fish.

As one of my nieces caught her first fish I realized I had gotten mine! I started shouting, as girls will do when they are excited, and didn't know what to do... Jesse came over and helped me reel the fish in, but he wouldn't touch my pole, otherwise I couldn't claim I had caught the fish all on my own! Splashing out of the water came my first fish I had caught! I was so excited I was screaming and jumping up and down. To say the least, Jesse was really embarrassed by me and kept telling me to be quiet and people who fish don't want to hear shouting. I ignored him and looked at my first fish. It was a rainbow trout and actually beautiful, if you didn't look at the eyes or gills...

Apparently, since I was distracted, the fish swallowed the hook and it had a high possibility of dying. (We weren't keeping the fish, catch and release.) Jesse kept making fun of me saying that I killed the fish because I didn't hook it right and I felt really bad. Jesse made me hold the slimy thing, but it wasn't so bad. It would have been better if the poor guy wasn't bleeding all over the concrete. I thought I had killed him. But a few minutes later the fish, I named Tom, was back in the water and swimming on his way home!

A few minutes later, Jesse caught a fish of his own! When he got it to the surface he kept going on and on about how he had hooked it right and that is how you are supposed to fish and one day I could be a fisherman like him. I still ignored him. They got the hook out, we snapped the picture and Jesse let the fish swim free... We watched him start to swim back to his home when all of a sudden he stopped and then went belly up. Jesse had killed his fish!! Big expert, my butt!! Ha ha, he still won't live it down! Some little kid came over and took the fish Jesse just killed and ran over to his dad and kept saying he caught the fish with his bare hands! ha ha, we didn't care because we weren't going to keep it, but it was funny all the same.

The funniest part was Boston... After she caught her fish, every other person that caught a fish had just a little baby fish. Boston's was the mommy fish and we were catching the baby fish! It was so cute because she was so excited for us to catch a fish, but was quick to remind us ours were the babies... ha ha ha.

We each caught a fish except my oldest niece, who was very very upset about that, and Jesse and Kelly caught two. It was so much fun and I told Jesse I wanted to go again pronto! It was so relaxing and very enjoyable. Casting into the water and watching the bobber to see if there was a fish on the line, I don't know why he hadn't taken me before! So enjoy the pictures, you can tell I really didn't want to hold my fish... ha ha ha. Poor Tom!



Jesse's second fish... Reminds me of a little boy! (Can't wait until he can go fishing with our little boys...)


Jesse's first fish... He looks a little retarded in this photo, but whatever...


My first fish, Tom!!! WOO HOO! It was really slimy to touch... YUCK!


Boston's fish. She didn't want to hold it so Grandpa held it for her!


Aww, the cutest fishing couple ever!


The girls and Grandpa!


Pretty much the best fisher ever... :)


My handsome boy!


My youngest niece, Boston. So happy after catching her fish!! :)


My oldest niece, Bailey, not too happy about the day... But I snuck this photo of her!

2 comments:

Lindsay Quinney said...

How fun to have a nice relaxing afternoon with your husband. I am so not a fan of fishing. Glad you enjoyed your first time though!

Jennica said...

Ha ha! I love the line, "now all I have to do is implement it." Ah, such a familiar phrase to me :)