7.28.2009

Best Weekend Ever!

I tried posting this yesterday, but I forgot my camera plug-in! So Jesse took me to Afton, Wyoming this weekend to go camping! I LOVE camping and Afton, WY holds a special place in my heart. I have never been so we spent all day Friday in Afton just looking around the cute mom and pop shops and taking pictures! Then Saturday we went up to Jackson, but had to leave before Jesse spent $400 on a really awesome vintage pocket watch!! We stopped on the Snake River by "Big Kahuna" rapid to watch people get dumped and have lunch. Jesse got sap all over him, but the camera died so I couldn't get a picture, but he was so mad and kept sticking to everything!!! I was cracking up! It was so much fun to get away with just Jesse and not have family, or work, or anything else to distract us from each other. Being together with just the two of us was exactly what we needed and now we are addicted to alone time, so it will be happening more often! Here are a lot of pictures from the weekend, Enjoy!

This is the beautiful Cottonwood Lake where we camped! It was perfect!


This was a memorial at the school to remember anyone who had died while going to school there. It was really beautiful.


Of course we had to get a picture of the longest elkhorn arch!

On our way to the cold water geyser (see below) we saw this beautiful waterfall!

So of course I wanted a picture of it with me and Jesse. We took this picture 20 times before we got it so we weren't blocking the waterfall! We were laughing so hard everytime we had to do it again!!!


Here is the cold water geyser! It is the biggest out of the only three in the entire world! It was really cool and the water was REALLY cold!! BRRRRR....


Here is how the geyser works! :)


You can't tell from the picture, but this rock is in the middle of the waterfall the geyser creates. Jesse was too scared to stand up... He didn't want to fall...


Of course I wasn't scared!! :P


View from the rock... Not too scary!


A very nice/cool rock climber took this one of us... Jesse is shaking!! (He isn't a big baby, he just worries about getting hurt...)


Fun little trail! ;)


The sun was setting and Cottonwood Lake was so beautiful! Had to share!


Us by the lake.


Big Kahuna! Our view from the tree that sapped Jesse... Oh man it still makes me laugh... (This was the last picture before the camera died... :( I know sad!)

3 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

CUTE pictures! I love camping. We are going next weekend and I can't wait! Happy Birthday!

Lindsay Quinney said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Jesse does not seem like the camping type to me!

Casey and Diana said...

HOW FUN!!!